Fonterra Holds Election Candidate Meetings Tuesday, May 6, 2003
A series of "meet the candidate" meetings begins tomorrow to enable Fonterra shareholders to question candidates standing for the co-operative's board of directors.
Eleven candidates are standing for three vacant positions on the farmer-elected board, consisting of nine farmer-elected directors and four independent directors.
The first meeting is in Whangarei tomorrow, with the meeting road show then moving around the country. Political commentator Richard Harman is chairing the meetings.
Details of the meetings are:
· Whangarei, May 7, 10.30am, Forum North
· Pukekohe, May 7, 7.30pm, Fields Conference & Banquet Centre
· Te Awamutu, May 8, 10.30am, Presbyterian Church
· Matamata, May 8, 7.30pm, Memorial Centre
· Rotorua, May 9, 10.30am, Quality Hotel
· Edgecumbe, May 9, 7.30pm, Edgecumbe Hall
· Palmerston North, May 12, 10.30am, Carlton Hotel
· Stratford, May 12, 7.30pm, TET Multi Sports Centre
· Invercargill, May 13, 12 noon, Workingmens'? Club
· Balclutha, May 13, 7.30pm, South Otago Town and Country
· Ashburton, May 14, 10.30am, Ashburton Hotel
Shareholders have been sent their voting packs, with voting having opened on April 28 and closing at noon on May 23. Results will be known by May 26.
The Single Transferable Voting (STV) system is being used in the election. Further information on the election is available on?www.fencepost.com in the Fonterra supplier-only section. http://www.fencepost.com/